Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The little moments

I went visiting teaching last night and the conference talk I chose was one by M. Russell Ballard. It was about mother's. In it he talks about that the joy of motherhood comes in the moments. A few nights ago, I had one of those moments. It had been kind of a long day with the girls. I was putting Laynee to bed and she was saying prayers. In her prayer, she said she was thankful for mommy giving her hugs. I teared up a little. I thought I had been more than a little impatient with her during the day and that I didn't really deserve her being thankful for that. But I was so grateful for that comment in her prayer. Made me feel like no matter how tired, overwelmed or frustrated I get, my kids are SO worth it! I love being a mom. I really need to take time to enjoy the little moments with my kids. I'm so glad I've got great examples of mothers in my life. (My own mom, my mother-in-law, my sister and sisters-in-law, my good friends who are mothers.) Thank you all!

5 comments:

- Tristin - said...

I got goosebumps reading your post...I couldn't agree more! It's amazing how those "moments" truly twist everything into perspective. Janna- you are so amazing! I hope that I can be HALF the mother and friend that you are! Great post!

Green Montana said...

...and now I am tearing up...seriously, they still love us even after we have our bad moments, days, etc.. aren't we SO lucky? Good post.

Richardson said...

Wow, I was just reading that talk last night and thinking I need to photo copy parts of it and put it up on my bathroom mirror or something. The moments really do make it all worth it. I think I honestly do learn more from my boys than they learn from me! You're a great mom Janna!

Carrie Godfrey said...

I totally agree with all you said. It is comforting to know that we all have those "not so good days"! You are super! What beautiful girls you have. How fun to have a sister!

Jake and Heidi said...

That story made me start to cry. Hopefully you know that I look to you as an example of how wonderful it will be to be a mother and have children. Love ya


April 2009