Tuesday, November 11, 2008

6 Quirks

I wasn't tagged to write about this but Molly and I did talk about it when she was staying with me a few weeks ago and it made me think what my quirks are. I was surprised how quickly I was able to think of six of them. That probably is an indicator of how many quirks I actually have.

1. I am obsessively on time (or early.) If I'm not on time for some reason, I usually have "planned" being late in my head or someone else has made me late. It's an annoying problem with me and usually causes me to stress out more than necessary.

2. I don't like wooden spoons AT ALL. I don't have any in my kitchen. I always think they are going to give me slivers, even though I know they won't. (This problem may come from the fact that I had a wooden spoon broken over my bum as a child. I was traumatized by that. :) I'm sure I totally deserved it actually.)

3. I'm terrible about getting the laundry out of the dryer before the clothes start to wrinkle because I don't think it really matters. Although I will iron if I feel like the occasion warrants having neatly pressed clothing.

4. I am a total list maker. I have lists for everything (groceries, chores, people to call, errands to run, projects for the future, what I need to post on my blog.)

5. I've never really liked to be hugged, but I've gotten better at doing it and accepting it. Sometimes when things are hard all you really need is a hug and for someone to tell you that things are going to be ok.

6. When I'm on the phone, I often times hang up before the goodbyes are finished being said. I have no idea why I do it, but I know that I do and it's probably really aggravating.

8 comments:

Brittany said...

I wish some of your obsessively on time qualities would have rubbed off on me! And yes you are always the "quick goodbyer" on the phone. :)

molly said...

So you KNOW that you hang up on me before I say bye?! Geeze! I've gotten over being offended by that one :) Brittany puts it nicely "quick goodbyer".

Victoria said...

The quick goodbyer is hilarious! I'm not sure I want to think about what my quirks are... I'm pretty sure they're not as cute and charming as yours.

- Tristin - said...

I actually like the fact that you're a "quick goodbyer"!!! You've opened my eyes that saying goodbye on the phone can actually last as long as 3-4 phrases back and forth! Something like this right?!..."okay, see ya!...Thanks for calling... yup!...good to hear from ya too!..uh-huh!...you too!...yeah, I'll talk to ya later!...yup..OKAY...
Bye!" - Almost longer than the actual conversation sometimes. Maybe that's why I like texting so much now! :D

The Haynes Herd said...

Your girl's pictures turned out so cute.

The Heldreth Family said...

You are a crack up! Aren't the quirks what we love most about our friends?

Victoria said...

Hey! I'm Victoria's son and your brother, Elder Pf lived in the room three feet from mine for months.

You can call me Glass if you feel like checking out my blog.

glassmannequin.blogspot.com

birdeeb said...

Janna! You & I share #5!! Maybe it's a MT thing... ;o) I am not sure why I am not much of a hugger (unless it's my kids or husband...) but yeah. I actually had a prompting to hug someone and the impression was so strong that I couldn't deny it...she thanked me for it & cried on my shoulder for a long time. I will never forget that hug! Maybe I only hug if the memory will last haha jk ;o)


April 2009