Sunday, February 24, 2008

Seattle Trip January 2008

For our 8th Anniversary, I planned a surprise trip for two to Seattle for Matt and I (complete with airline tickets, rental car and hotel...I even arranged for my sister, Heidi and her husband, Jake, to watch Laynee for us while we were gone.) For the entertainment while we there, I purchased Sonics/Lakers tickets (which was the highlight of the trip, with the Lakers winning in overtime with Kobe Bryant shooting the winning basket.) We also went to the Woodland Park Zoo, The Seattle Aquarium, The Museum of Flight, The Pacific Science Museum, The Space Needle and completed a one hour boat tour of the harbor. We visited Pikes Place Market several times, shopped downtown and ate out for almost every meal. It was liberating to go on a trip without a child. I had forgotten how much more work it is to take a kid with you everywhere. It was fun to get away and spend time with Matt, but I was definitely ready to get home to see Laynee.

1 comment:

- Tristin - said...

What an awesome trip! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! It must have been tough to arrange all that WHILE keeping it a secret from Matt! You're AWESOME!


April 2009