Monday, April 14, 2008

My Sister, Julie

Pfile Sisters: Janna Bell, Julie Page and Heidi Chapman

My older sister, Julie, flew from North Carolina to Montana to visit me for 12 days. She deep cleaned my house, spent time visiting with me, encouraged me to take naps while she watched McKinley, rode with me to Great Falls for another family visit, fixed meals, went grocery shopping with me, babysat the girls so Matt and I could go out on a date, helped with McKinley and played with Laynee. (Along with a lot of other things.) Her daughters, Jodi and Jemma, put together an activity box full of things for Laynee to play with while I feed McKinley. There are several pictures of Julie showing Laynee some of the activities when she was still here. (See slideshow below.) Laynee is constantly asking me to get something out of the box. --It was so nice to have my sister here. I wish she and her family lived closer, but it was such a treat to be able to share that time with her. She has 6 kids of her own and I know it was a sacrifice for her family, but I really appreciated them sharing her with me. While she was here, we went to a book store and she bought the book "My Lucky Day" for Laynee. She must have read it to Laynee 20 times. I would highly recommend it. (It's very funny and the illustrations are great.) Tonight, Laynee went and grabbed it to have Matt read to her and she read the first several pages word for word to him. She loves it. When we dropped Julie off at the airport both Laynee and I were crying when she left. I knew she couldn't stay forever, but I really enjoyed having her here.

7 comments:

Brittany said...

What a sweet post Janna! I always wanted a Sister...and after reading your post - that's exactly why! What a special relationship you two have. I'm so glad that Julie could come and spend such quality time with you and your family. It looks like it was a wonderful visit. (Speaking of...I haven't seen you in forever...We need to hang out so I can get my "McKinley Fix".) Oh yes - and I finally checked out "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers” My goal is to make Jody watch it with me Friday night - do you and Matt want in? :)

Elizabeth said...

Can I borrow her? My house needs a good cleaning.

Richardson said...

Wow! What an incredible big sister! Gives me motivation to be a better one myself.

Carrie Godfrey said...

sisters are great! I was glad that I was able to meet Julie - she is great - just like all the Pfiles that I have met. What a neat family! I will be sad when swimming lessons are over - it has been fun seeing your more often these last couple of months.

- Tristin - said...

I was beginning to tear up a little reading your post! It was great to get to meet her especially after hearing about her for so many years...I'll remember her by her REALLY strong handshake!LOL :) My hand was throbbing that next day! JK HA!
You should think about renting her out! I'd like to book her for my next kid! :)
It's true though--Nobody truly understands you like a SISTER!

Kevin and Brooke said...

Janna it was so fun having you guys come over for the weekend. I know the kids had lots of fun with Laynee, and will eventually love being with McKinley too. I'm so glad we live in Montana again, it will be so great to have the cousins close to build strong family memories. I'm also glad you brought Julie over to see us. It was fun to have everyone over for dinner and we look forward to doing it lots and lots. Love you!! Brooke

birdeeb said...

I know what you mean! I miss my sister so much! Julie looks so much different than I remembered! She looks amazing for having 6 kids!


April 2009