Saturday, March 1, 2008

Daddy/Daughter Date Night

I had a little bit of a freak out moment a few nights ago, where I was vocalizing some worry (complaining) about how after the baby comes, I'm not going to have the same amount of time to myself. Well, today Matt called and asked if he could take Laynee to her first Missoula Maulers hockey game, so I could stay home and do whatever I wanted to do. (He did offer to have me go to the game as well, but I declined. A night at home alone sounded too appealing to me, so I took a bath, read a little, relaxed and slept.) When they got home, Laynee was bubbling with excitement. She had to tell me all about the game, the sticks and the goalie. (We're not big hockey fans, but we do enjoy just about any sporting event.) I just think the memories she's making with her dad are priceless and I so appreciated the opportunity Matt gave me to just have the evening to veg out at home.

3 comments:

- Tristin - said...

High Five to Matt!! It's the small gestures that mean sooo much! Laynee's gonna remember those daddy/daughter moments forever!- Trust me!! You guys make a GREAT TEAM!!!

The Heldreth Family said...

That is so nice. I love having even an hour to myself at home! Rowan is the same way with Chris. Why is it they see dad as superstar for for anything and mom is just the standard. Oh well, I guess that's the price we pay to be at-home moms. I can't imagine it any other way! ;-)

Marcie said...

Daddy daughter dates are great for Daddy and daughter but maybe even more great for mommy. You guys are such wonderful parents. I hope you are feeling well and I cant wait for your new additon!


April 2009