Sunday, March 9, 2008

Laynee's 3rd Birthday

On March 5 (Laynee's Birthday), McKinley and I were released from the hospital. We had a birthday party planned for Laynee for several weeks and decided to still have it. (I know...I must be nuts! I actually evaluated my sanity later that evening.) However, the party was really fun. I hired Laynee's Kindermusik teacher, Miss Julie, to come and do a Kindermusik party. (If I have time, I'll put on a video clip of it.) The party consisted of playing instruments, dancing around, playing with scarves and having a good time. Laynee invited 4 friends (Kady, Rowan, Bridger and Kaitlyn...Kaitlyn didn't come because she was sick.) The moms also came and took pictures. One of my favorite parts of the party was listening to Laynee "read" the birthday cards. She basically would make up whatever she thought would be on the card. It was pretty funny. After her friends party, we had a little family party. Grandpa and Grandma Bell and Heidi and Jake were there. (Actually, Heidi and Jake were there to take pictures at her friends party and Eldon happened to be in town and was there as well.) I think Laynee's favorite gift was a bike. We let her try it out in the house, since it had just snowed the day before. She also got a doll that talks. At one point the doll said it wanted to play peek a boo and Laynee thought it meant hide and seek, so she put the doll in the corner and went in her room to hide. A few minutes later she came out and was very disappointed that it didn't come find her. We all had a good laugh about that. --Overall I'm glad we still made a big deal about her birthday, I just wish it hadn't been the day we came home from the hospital, but we all survived! I can't believe my little girl is 3. I know everyone says things like this, but I really feel like she's 3 going on 13. She's so grown up for such a little girl.

No comments:


April 2009