Monday, March 31, 2008

For Easter this year, I decided I wanted to make sure Laynee knew why we celebrated Easter, so the first Monday in March, I did a lesson on Christ's crucification and ressurection for Family Home Evening. It happened that that's the night I went into labor and had McKinley early the next morning. I had hoped that I would have the whole month to really focus on the true meaning behind Easter. Well, I guess I had good intentions. It didn't work out that well with the arrival of a new baby. I've been lucky to survive the past month, but we did do some of the fun Easter traditions. We decorated eggs for Family Home Evening the Monday before Easter and I think Laynee asked to do it again every day since. She loved it. We went to an Easter Egg hunt that our playgroup did at the church and on the Saturday before Easter, we did our own hunt in our back yard. The Easter bunny was good to our kids and brought them lots of fun goodies. Laynee really got into Easter this year. It was fun.

No comments:


April 2009