Monday, March 31, 2008

Grammy and Papa Pfile



I decided to be really brave and travel to Great Falls for a few days last week with McKinley and Laynee. The car trip went pretty well, except on the way back we stopped in Lincoln, Montana for a bathroom and diaper changing break. After we used the bathroom, we went back to the car so I could feed McKinley and Laynee could watch a movie. While I was changing McKinley's diaper on my lap, she decided to have a volcanic eruption while her diaper was off. It was pretty disgusting. It got all over me, all over her and all over the seat in the car. One of those moments as a mother that I'll probably look back on and laugh. (I'm not at that point yet though. I'm still grossed out thinking about it.) The trip home was great though. McKinley was able to meet Grammy and Papa Pfile for the first time. (Man, are we going to miss them when they leave for their mission to Colorado Springs in June.) Besides being able to spend time with Grammy and Papa, they were able to see cousins and aunts and uncle. Two of my brothers (Eldon and Kevin) both live there with their families. (Eldon and Natalee have 4 kids: Landon, Ethan, Lincoln and Lydia. Kevin and Brooke have 3 kids: Carson, Rosie and Olivia.) So going to Great Falls for Laynee now will like one big playgroup. There's always someone for her to play with. This trip home we all went to the Children's Museum to play.

1 comment:

The Heldreth Family said...

I'm so glad the trip went well and you all had good time. The pictures of all the kids together are so cute.


April 2009